- Lexaria has multiple studies planned that will commence early in 2022
- DehydraTECH increases Lexaria’s ability to leverage multiple markets, including the growing CBD sector, which is expected to meet and exceed $108 billion in revenue by 2027
- DehydraTECH can increase the efficacy of the drugs being administered, offering faster absorption and lowering the delivery time
In a strategic move to start off 2022, Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator of drug delivery platforms, has announced that it has signed an advertising and media contract with financial technology company SRAX (NASDAQ: SRAX). The contract will facilitate media buys and digital marketing by SRAX on behalf of Lexaria. This announcement is only the beginning of what the company anticipates to be the busiest year yet.
Chris Bunka, CEO of Lexaria, was more than pleased with the contract signed and with SRAX, and he voiced optimism about the year-long campaign that has commenced and its outcomes. “Lexaria has made tremendous progress during 2021, and we expect even more significant advancement in 2022 and are pursuing the broadest possible investor involvement to ensure that Lexaria’s achievements are communicated to all investors,” Bunka added (https://cnw.fm/xp6ya).
Lexaria’s patented DehydraTECH(TM) was designed for orally delivered fat-soluble drugs and other active pharmaceutical ingredients and this technology has shown it increases effectiveness and improves absorption into the bloodstream. Through this technology, Lexaria demonstrates many benefits: efficiently reduces delivery time to bloodstream and thus shortens the time it takes for these drugs to take effect; increases brain absorption; reduces the costs required for drug administration through smaller doses; increases the level of drug in the bloodstream for greater effectiveness; and masks the unpleasant tastes of many oral drugs.
After the progress that Lexaria made in 2021, the company has several projects lined up to be initiated and conducted throughout the new year. Lexaria already has planned:
- A human clinical trial over the duration of six weeks to study hypertension and how Lexaria’s DehydraTECH-CBD (cannabidiol) may provide potential hypertension relief
- An oral nicotine human study (which may be industry-changing) that includes subjective and objective parameters to demonstrate the superiority of DehydraTECH-nicotine as compared to the industry’s leading product
- Animal studies that are designed to determine if DehydraTECH-CBD can provide seizure relief and compare it against the current FDA-approved pharmaceutical regimen for treatment against seizures
- Completion of the company’s pre-IND meeting with FDA so that they may proceed with the IND application process – registering the clinical trial testing that will be conducted with DehydraTECH-CBD for hypertension relief
Lexaria has the potential to leverage more than one expanding pharmaceutical market using the company’s patented DehydraTECH technology. These markets include but are not limited to CBD, oral nicotine, and other fat-soluble molecularly structured drugs. The CBD market alone is rapidly growing, providing multiple opportunities for innovation and investment. The market was worth over $7.1 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 35% to exceed $108 billion by 2027 (https://cnw.fm/2Juxe). The drivers for growth in this industry include the rising interest in medical applications using CBD, product adoption and utilization with government approval, the continually changing regulatory landscape for CBD products, and the increase of retail sales. Lexaria is a global leader in CBD research.
Another market Lexaria has the potential to tap into is the global antihypertensive therapeutics sector. According to Allied Market Research, the global antihypertensive drugs market accounted for $22,557 million in 2018, and is expected to reach $28,797 million by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 3.1% (https://cnw.fm/eKCx1).
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://cnw.fm/LEXX
CannabisNewsWire (CNW) is an information service that provides (1) access to our news aggregation and syndication servers, (2) CannabisNewsBreaks that summarize corporate news and information, (3) enhanced press release services, (4) social media distribution and optimization services, and (5) a full array of corporate communication solutions. As a multifaceted financial news and content distribution company with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CNW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. CNW has an ever-growing distribution network of more than 5,000 key syndication outlets across the country. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CNW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. CNW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive instant SMS alerts, text CANNABIS to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information please visit https://www.CannabisNewsWire.com
Do you have questions or are you interested in working with CNW? Ask our Editor
CannabisNewsWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.